Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse, Ph. D., is the founder and president of the Ruth Institute,
an interfaith international coalition to defend the family and build a Civilization of Love.
Dr. Morse has authored or co-authored six books and spoken around the globe on
marriage, family and human sexuality. Her work has been translated into Spanish,
Chinese, Korean, Polish and Chuukese, the native language of the Micronesian Islands.
Her latest book is The Sexual State: How Elite Ideologies are Destroying Lives and Why
the Church was Right All Along.
Dr. Morse was a spokeswoman for California’s winning Proposition 8 campaign,
defining marriage as the union of a man and a woman. She earned her Ph.D. at the
University of Rochester and taught economics at Yale and George Mason Universities.
Dr. Morse was named one of the “Catholic Stars of 2013” on a list that included Pope
Francis and Pope Benedict XVI. She and her husband are parents of an adopted child
and a birth child, and were foster parents for San Diego County to eight children. In
2015, Dr. Morse and her husband relocated to Lake Charles, Louisiana, where the work
of the Ruth Institute continues.
Complete list of Dr. Morse’s books:
1. Love and Economics: It Takes a Family to Raise a Village (2001)
2. Smart Sex: Finding Lifelong Love in a Hookup World (2005)
3. 101 Tips for a Happier Marriage (2013), coauthored with Betsy Kerekes
4. The Sexual Revolution and Its Victims (2015)
5. 101 Tips for Marrying the Right Person (2016), coauthored with Betsy Kerekes
6. The Sexual State: How Elite Ideologies are Destroying Lives and Why the Church was
Right All Along (2018)